Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Who Are You To Say What A Beautiful Story Looks Like?

It's no surprise that I struggle with waiting.  More than a few posts have been dedicated to that topic already.  I also don't like not getting my way, or feeling wronged.  I often feel like God owes me a good husband because I'm jumping through all those hoops I previously said don't exist.  All I really want is a beautiful love story of my own.  I have friends with epic stories in far off places, and others with sweet, simple romantic stories.  I keep waiting for mine.  The story I'll tell my kids and grandkids.  The one my friends will gather round to hear as I show off my sparkly new ring.  I long for that story to start.  I trick myself into believing that as soon as I know that story I'll worry less and be able to relax and enjoy all God has for me.  Again, I know that's not true...as soon as my perfect love story is written, I'll start wondering about the next story.  The baby story.  It'll never end.  There will always be another story I'll want written, and written my way.

Last year I joined a women's Bible study at church.  The woman who led it at the time was a tiny little pretty thing full of energy, love and the desire to connect with women and girls.  I didn't fully know her story until after she moved from Chicago but let me tell you--she is an amazing woman of God.  She hasn't been a stranger to trials and yet has constantly looked for ways to glorify God in the process.  

Today, is the day her miracle baby will be born, via c-section.

Click here to read her blogpost from yesterday.

Though my life and hers are at very different points, her sentiments resonate with me to the core.  How many times do I try to tell God that I deserve something after all I've been through.  Who am I to tell God what my perfect, beautiful love-story looks like?

Happy birthday Olivia, congratulations Michelle and Jared!

No comments:

Post a Comment