Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Steady My Heart

It's no secret that I've been a little bit of a mess lately.  I'm not sure what God is working on, but man, it is definitely stirring up a lot of emotion and frustration.

I've just needed a steady hand, an assurance that it will all be ok.

Throughout my life, I've sought that from my dad.  No matter what was happening, I knew life would be alright and I didn't need to worry, once I turned things over to Papa.  The past 10 years I've tried to find a man to fill the void that was left when my father died.  Eventually, I realized that God is the only one who can steady my heart.  His plans for me are good.  I know that because He promises me they are and God never breaks His promises:

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Pain in this life is inevitable, following where God leads isn't always going to be easy, we're going to shake, tremble, stumble, and fall.

Lately, I've been feeling unsteady and uncertain.  Waiting for God to show me the next step, or how to better glorify Him on this step.

Kari Jobe reminds me that He is holding me in the palm of His hand, His hand is in it all-wether things are going my way or not.

He alone can heal my scars, provide refuge, steady my heart.

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you;
he will never let    the righteous be shaken.        Psalm 55:22

No comments:

Post a Comment