Thursday, November 1, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Clusters

Again...looking at my old blog I found this post.  These nut clusters are amazingly simple and completely delicious!  Plus, how adorable are my little men?  Big One is 5 now and Little One just turned 3...my how time flies!  This post originally debuted in December 2010.


I needed a project to entertain the boys last Friday.  It was cold, we didn't want to go out, and I was fresh out of Christmas crafts to do.

That's when I remembered the delicious chocolate nut clusters my dear Gma sent me for Thanksgiving.  My sis said she got the recipe from Gma and they were super easy to make...plus it's so simple I memorized the recipe.

So, off to the store I went.  Little One and I picked up Big One from school, headed home and got started!

Both of the boys loved that they could help.  I let Big One put in all the ingredients, Little One just liked being able to see what we were doing-usually we're working up on the counter and he's left staring at our ankles!

Add 32oz peanuts to crockpot: half salted, half unsalted

Next, add 8oz German baking choclate (DO NOT STIR)

Layer on 12oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

ok, maybe it was a little less than 12oz after samples were taken!

Chop 30oz white almond bark

Add white chocolate to top and cover.  Cook on low 2-3hours


When chocolate is soft, stir and spoon onto wax paper.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment