Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like...

You got it.  Christmas.  Last night snow fell for the first time this year and though it wasn't much (I'm talking zero accumulation) it was enough to make me want to buy a bundle of firewood and some hot chocolate.  Then I realized I don't have a fireplace.  Oh Well.

I say I hate winter, and mostly I do.  Except when it snows that beautiful movie snow.  Gently swirling through the night sky.  Big plump flakes, or little tiny ones...doesn't matter.  Makes me excited for Christmas parties, Christmas movies, Christmas cookies, and going home for Christmas.

I feel like a kid again, staring up into the dark sky and letting the snowflakes land on my face.  But then I realize I'm blocking the exit from the grocery store and the person behind me isn't loving the first flakes of the season as much as I am and it hits me...I'm an adult.  And when school is called off due to snow, I still have to work-in fact, my workday is longer and more difficult.  I don't have the luxury of sitting in the backseat reading or napping, I'm now the one white-knuckling it through the city holding my breath whenever I tap the breaks or make a turn.

Being an adult is not nearly as much fun as being a kid.  So for now, I'll go back to being a kid, even if it's just for the few moments it takes Bing to tell me about the toys, holly, candy canes, trees and children's Christmas wishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment