Saturday, November 10, 2012

Menu 11/12-11/15


November 12th-15th

Monday: Lucy's Pasta Salad, Rotisserie Chicken 
The girls don't have school so Lucy is making the pasta salad they make and sell at her school's sandwich shop.  I have no idea what the recipe is.  I'll serve it as a side to Whole Foods rotisserie chicken.

Tuesday: Chicken Soup, Cheddar Biscuits
I'm pulling soup from the freezer because I still have some from that HUGE batch I made last month.  If you're making it for the first time...I don't use a recipe, I marinate the chicken in some sort of salad dressing over night then place in large pot with stock, a whole onion, carrots and celery, herbs that seem appropriate (basil, parsley, rosemary thyme, etc) and a spoonful of minced garlic then I cook until chicken is done.  I "pull" the chicken with two forks and chop onion, then at this point I put half the chicken and veggies in a freezer-proof container with only enough stock to cover.  When you pull out of freezer you can add more stock and the noodles at that time.  I actually boil the noodles in a separate pot and add to the stock/veggie/chicken pot, along with the zucchini, a few minutes before serving.

Wednesday: Spaghetti, Bread
Simple...brown some meat, season to taste (I use onion, garlic, dried basil, thyme, oregano and parsley) add some sauce and boil some noodles.  Done.

Thursday: Whole Foods Dinner
We don't make it home after school on Thrusdays anymore because we don't have time after dance ends and swimming begins.  We'll be eating at Whole Foods this night.

Grocery List:
Rotisserie Chicken
Hamburger
Spag Sauce
Crusty Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment