Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thankful November

A continuation...

November 6: How blessed are we to live in a nation that has fought for the right for all citizens to vote? Thankful that my voice matters.

November 7: I feel really blessed to regularly babysit for an amazing Christian family and their three adorable young children.  Though it tacks an extra 3-4 hours onto the end of my regular workday, it never feels like "work"and I'm thankful for the example they've shown me of a loving, God-honoring family.

November 8: Thankful that I'm part of a women's group that is diverse and inclusive.  We're all so different and I think that's what makes our group so great-we all come from different backgrounds and have seen God's love, grace and goodness in unique ways.

November 9: Thankful for good friends, good food and a reason to get together, like my bestie's birthday!

November 10: I took Lucy on her birthday date--mani/pedi, frozen yogurt and a trip to Target. Just so blessed that I have the ability to connect with the girls and spend one on one time with them, letting them know how important they are to me.

November 11: Thankful for religious freedom and the ability to express our beliefs openly.  Saw Handel's Messiah performed today and can't imagine not being able to celebrate the Lord publicly, like so many followers around the world.

November 12: So thankful that brave men and women have served our country to ensure our freedom.

November 13: As my feet continue to bother me, I'm thankful for my Chiropractor, Dr. Ela, who always listens to my complaints and spends time figuring out how she can make it better.  She always has some tricks up her sleeve and they always leave me feeling better than when I walked in.

November 14: A year ago I was just returning from Uganda where I met my Compassion International girls Specioza and Florence.  I feel so blessed that God has placed those two girls in my life, that He made a way for me to meet them, as well as spend a bunch of time with some other really cool sponsors.  I'll never forget the time we spent riding around in Joseph's bus and I'm thankful that so many children's lives are changed through Compassion's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment