Tuesday, October 23, 2012

You Love Me Anyway


Being a Christian is hard.  I mean, I'm just so good at being a sinner.  We all are.  And if we think otherwise, we're just lying to ourselves.

I had a really grumpy day last week.  I was cranky.  Like, wrong side of the bed cranky.  Plus my foot really hurt (stupid tendonitis) and I was hungry all day because I'm trying to stay within my calorie goal and the girls were more needy than normal and I just couldn't pull it together.

Then it hit me.

Why am I complaining about anything?  Why do I get upset about trivial things like traffic, rain and a slight hunger pain or a sore foot?

Man, do I not know what has been given to me?  I have been given so much and I don't deserve any of it.  I am the reason Christ died on the cross.  Every time I sin, no matter how "small" I think it might be, sin is sin and it was enough to nail Jesus to the cross.

I'm the mocking voice, yet He died for me.  That I might live.

What does traffic have on that?  

A nail pierced His flesh and I'm grumpy about feeling hungry?  And it's not even real hunger like the kids I met in Africa feel every second of every single day of their entire life.

Reality check time Lins.  

And I'm not saying I'm a horrible person for feeling these normal human things, but I am admitting that I'm human, which means I'm a sinner and therefore the recipient of grace, love and mercy.  And not just a little...it abounds.  Freely given.  Without hesitation.  To me.  And to you.

This Sidewalk Prophets song really hit me and I can't stop thinking about how 

I am the thorn in His crown
I am Judas' kiss

I am the one who sent Him to death.  The death He died for me.  Because He loved me, and you.


No comments:

Post a Comment