Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Should Have Been Me

Citizen Way's song Should Have Been Me states it clear as day:

Should have been me
Should have been us
Should've been there hanging on a cross


Romans 6:23 says:

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I'm incapable of living a life without sin.  We all are.  We're human, we're sinners, we can't deny it.  According to Romans 6:23 the only way to pay for sin is death.  

I should die for my sin.

But God, because He loves us SOOOO much, sent His perfect and blameless Son to die that death for me. 

Lets do a little math:

Sin = death

My sin = my death
Jesus' sinless life ≠ death

But Because He loves us

My sin = Jesus death
Jesus' sinless life = my eternity secured

The lyrics of the song go onto say: 
Leaves me saying Thank God for the 'should've been'

Isn't that the truth?  Thank God that 'what should've been' isn't what really happened.

A free gift from our Heavenly Father.  All we need to do is accept.





No comments:

Post a Comment