Friday, October 5, 2012

Weekend Wedding

I love Love and I love when a person I love marries another person I love.

I had the great privilege of attending the wedding of two amazing people this past weekend.  It had all the fixings for an fantastic evening: beautiful bride, great food, close friends and plenty of dancing!

Gina and I met through SiFri* when we moved here in 2007.  I've loved the girl since the first time I met her.  When she met Scott and brought him to one of our famous Cinco de Ocho parties (yeah, you read that right) we all knew he was the one for her.  I've had limited interactions with him, but I tell you what, in my experience and from everything I've ever heard about him (from Gina and others) he is a stellar guy. 

The bride, my gorgeous friend Gina looked absolutely stunning in her gown, and how dapper was Scott?



Photo cred for the above photos goes to Elizabeth Ann Photography who just happens to be a friend of the bride.  Seriously great photos, right? 

The food...steak and chicken?!  I didn't have to choose?  Now that's what I'm talking about!  And ice cream served with the cake...amen!

The besties and I had some good old fashion fun...not sure when the last time the three of us danced and laughed this much together.  We kicked off our heels, knocked 'em dead with the Electric Slide, brought back the "white-girl-snap" and made several new friends by the end of the night.

Me, Gina, SiFri, Maria* 

Maria and I both stepped outside our normal comfort zone...she busted out the hot-rollers and I put on a red dress...something I've never done before...SiFri was rocking her animal print belt like nobody's business.  And Gina in that dress...forget about it!  The bartender said the reception only rated a 7 on his scale...I said, based on beautiful women alone, it was at least a 9!
Marias in the house! 
Me and SiFri

Maria and SiFri
With the rest of our friends at Table 17, Maria and I had the pleasure of meeting a group of classy ladies at Table 2.  Do you think we snapped a pic?  Oh no, we just took photos of ourselves...oops!!
Getting sassy at table 2

Absolutely LOVE these girls, don't know what I'd do without them!
Bestie Trifecta

And yes, this is the dress I was buying the shapewear for...check out this blogpost to read that story.



Can't forget Kirbs in from Nashville.
Trouble...

Was so happy to be in attendance to witness the union of this amazing couple and to celebrate their love and God's goodness.


*SiFri and Maria are not their real names...more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment