Saturday, October 20, 2012

Menu 10/21-10/28


October 21st-28th

Monday: Chicken Alfredo with Peas
I marinate some chicken breasts, cook and either pull or cube.  Then, I make a homemade alfredo sauce from Julia Child's béchamel, I usually make one and a half times the recipe.  To that I add a bunch of fresh grated parm, some garlic and when it's ready I mix it into the pasta (whichever shape the girls pick) and stir in the pulled or cubed chicken and some frozen peas.

The Whole Foods meat counter has amazing pre-made Mediterranean turkey burgers.  The link above will take you to a blog a girl wrote about them.  I'll pop them on my Foreman grill and add a side of steamed broccoli.  The girls have never had them before but I made something similar from scratch they really enjoyed.

Wednesday: Tacos, Peppers and Corn
Our standard chicken tacos with black beans, avocado, cheese and tomato.  Frozen corn and fresh peppers to round out the meal.

Thursday: Pork Chops (CP) and Green Beans
I have never made these.  And I just realized they are Mediterranean too...guess I was in the mood!  Anyway, We'll see how they turn out!

Grocery List:
Parm
Milk (the alfredo takes 2-3 cups so make sure you have plenty)
Pasta (shape of your choosing)
WF Turkey Burgers
Buns
Lettuce
Tortillas
Avocado
Black Beans
Pork Chops (4thick)
Tomato
Chicken Breasts (for two meals)

No comments:

Post a Comment