Saturday, October 6, 2012

Menu October 8-11

*Tomorrow I'll be running the Chicago Marathon for the American Diabetes Association, click here to donate, and click here to track my progress via text messaging (bib #44521) check back Monday for a recap! Have a great weekend!

October 8th-11th

Monday: Not Sure...
I'm taking the girls to Six Flags Fright Fest this day though I really don't think that's wise as I'm running the Chicago Marathon the day before...might have one of them push me around in a wheel chair!  I think we'll ask Dad to make burgers for this night...

Tuesday: Make Your Own Pizza, Peppers, Carrots
I buy Trader Joe's pizza dough and let the girls help me roll it out into personal pizzas.  We top it with store bought sauce and their pick of toppings: onions, peppers, pepperoni, canadian bacon, mozzarella, cheddar.  I put olive oil and garlic powder as a "sauce" on mine and top it with thin sliced onions, red peppers, cheddar, pepperoni and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.  Sliced fresh veggies for a side.

Wednesday: Turkey Chili, Corn
I make a triple batch and freeze half.  I also add in some finely chopped red pepper to the chili.  Served up with corn.  The girls and parents LOVE this recipe.
I'm pulling this out of the freezer because I made it last month and it needs to get used.  It was too spicy for my girls last time because the steak seasoning I used had chili flakes in it which I was not aware of.  We also thought it would be better to add the peppers towards the end of cooking since they cooked down to practically nothing by following the directions.  I'm going to see what I can do to make it less spicy this time.

Grocery List:

Trader Joe's Pizza Dough
Pizza Sauce
Ground Turkey
Tomato Paste
Kidney Beans
Whole Tomatoes
Adobo in Chipotle
Round Steak
Canned Tomatoes sliced/diced doesn't matter
Peppers, red and green

No comments:

Post a Comment