Saturday, October 27, 2012

Menu 10/29-11/2



October 29th-November 2

Last time I made this I doubled the filling and it was a HUGE hit, the girls have been asking for this for a few weeks already so I figured it was time!

Tuesday: Potato Soup
I've never made this recipe but with the weather changing I thought it sounded good.  Plus, it seems pretty easy and quite delicious (though not super healthy...)

Wednesday: Lasagna (CP) bread and broccoli
As before, First, I double the meat and sauce mixture and put half in the freezer.  Later, you can pull it out, let it thaw and quickly assemble the rest in minutes.  Where the lasagna recipe calls for egg, I use a little olive oil instead.  I also sautee onion and garlic with the ground beef and sometimes I'll throw some carrots into a food processor then stir that into the meat as well, never hurts to sneak in a little extra veggies!  For soft buttery bread, slice bread, spread with softened butter (and garlic if you like) wrap in foil and place in oven for 10 min at 350.  Frozen broccoli lightly steamed with garlic powder is a perfect and quick addition to the meal.

Thursday: I'm off dinner duty this night because their Grandma is in town and she's going to make dinner for the fam!!

Grocery List:
Chicken Breasts
Basil
Cream Cheese
Bakers
Green Beans
2.5lbs Red Potatoes
Bacon
Onion
Celery
Parsley
Heavy Cream
2 Jars spaghetti sauce
parmesan
shredded mozerella
lasagna noodles
2 lb ground beef 
Crusty bread (I use Jewel (Albertsons) french bread)

No comments:

Post a Comment