Saturday, October 13, 2012

Menu 10/15-10/18


I'll admit...my menu last week, and the one for this week is pretty sad...I'll admit it!  So, the story is that I make the menus a few weeks in advance and the last few weeks leading up to the marathon (last Sunday) were very overwhelming and I couldn't come up with anything new or exciting and the thought of trying something new seemed well, daunting.  I'll try to pick it up again...don't give up on me yet!

October 15th-18th

This is a new one.  I plan on adding some fresh thin sliced red peppers as well as some thin sliced onions and topping it with the roasted tomatoes she added.

Tuesday: Sausages, Mashers, Green Beans
Again, I apologize for the lame menu...Thuringer sausages from the butcher, homemade mashed pots, and green beans from the freezer.  For my mashers, I add warm milk, butter, garlic power, white pepper and some salt.  Yum!

Wednesday: Pulled Pork (CP), Corn
A HUGE hit every time!  Adding cabbage slaw makes it super amazing! Since we had peppers on Monday, we'll do frozen corn instead tonight.

Thursday: Chicken Soup, Cheddar Biscuits
Pulling from the freezer.  See this post for how I make my soup.

Grocery List:
Pine nuts
Roasted Red Peppers
Penne
Heavy Cream
Rotisserie Chicken
Grape Tomatoes
Red Peppers
Onion
Basil
Sausages
Mashers
4lb Pork Shoulder
Kaiser Rolls
Cabbage Slaw
Bisquick

No comments:

Post a Comment