Friday, October 12, 2012

Double Header

You have a double header coming your way today...

First up, don't forget to sign up for the Get In Shape Challenge I've been telling you about.  Check out the info here and send me your email address so I can get you on the list.  If you're not sure you can commit, let me give you a few reasons why you SHOULD sign up:

1. You'll look bangin in January when everyone else is suffering from the "post holiday bloat"
2. 3 months isn't really that long...3 months ago it was mid July...and tell me, time hasn't flown?!
3. You can WIN MONEY!!!!
4. You'll have accountability, support and encouragement
5. If you really want to change, you'll do it. Actions speak louder than words.


It's win win.  You'll look and more importantly, feel great, and you might even be able to put a few extra dollas in your pocket come time to pay off all those great Christmas presents you bought your loved ones.

You know you want to.  It's ok to be scared--growth usually happens when you step outside your comfort zone.

Click here to enter!


Second, here's a recipe recap from last week:


The girls LOVED LOVED LOVED it with the extra filling.  The potatoes are also a big hit!

This was NOT popular at all.  I used ready to eat potato soup instead of "cream of crap" soup, but I don't think that changed the outcome at all.  It was mushy and looked like throw-up.  It tasted alright.  I mean, it was edible, but not much more than that.  It was more like broccoli cheese soup with ham and potatoes than anything else.  The girls decided that the day before Thanksgiving we'll heat it up and take it to homeless people...that way it won't go to waste but they won't have to eat it.
This mac and cheese was RIDICULOUS!!!  I made a double batch with half skim and half heavy cream (splurge!) because I had some that needed used.  I threw in a bunch of extra sharp white cheddar, a little mild cheddar, some parm and a little left over fontina from a while back.  It was creamy and smooth and I can't wait to make it again.  The girls thought it was a little "sharp" as they are used to mild cheddar only.  Next time I make it for them I'll use more mild, next time I make it for me I'll do it exactly the same!

Check back tomorrow for next week's menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment