Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Get In Shape Accountability Challenge

Ok, here's the deal peeps...yeah, I just ran a marathon, but guess what?!  I have terrible eating habits and I'm not super great about maintaining a regular workout schedule either.  That is why I've come up with a great accountability program!

This is open to everyone, man, woman, couch potato, endurance athlete, skinny mini, more to love, and everyone in between.

Here's the deal:

* It's $20 to get in on this
* We'll add your name to the contest spreadsheet
* Each day is worth two points
   *One point for working out (30 min or more, must break a sweat)
   *One point for staying in your calorie goals (set them here)**
        *This system makes an equal playing field not matter your ability or weight
*  You'll log on each day and mark a "W" for "workout" and a "C" if you stayed in your calorie goal
* At the end of each week track if you lost/gained weight (+3 if you gained 3lbs, -2 if you lost 2lbs, etc)
* I will total the points each week so you can see where you're at in comparison to everyone else
* First, second and third highest point total at the end of 3 months will split the money
   *Dollar amount will depend on how many people are participating
* Challenge will go October 15-January 15 getting us through the tough holiday season
* Please pass this info along to anyone you'd like-the more participants = more $$ you could win

Click here to see the spreadsheet

If you'd like to sign up, please comment or message me with your email address so I can add you to the googledoc at which point you'll be able to edit the document.

Also contact me if you have any other questions!

Can't wait to get started!!


**I should note, you can track your calories anyway you'd like, DailyPlate.com is just what I've found helpful but feel free to use whatever means works for you.

7 comments:

  1. I like a good challenge! I'll look into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in! Question though, does weight lost count in the points area? Or is it just keeping on track with calorie counts and exercising?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weight loss DOES NOT count in the points, it's just for reference, to see progress and so people can celebrate with you. Only working out and staying in calories count for points!! send me your email Rach and I'll add you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I am in! I just went to a nutritionist and got a bunch of blood work and stuff done. She said if I ever plan to be skinny, I need to be low carb for life. Not the bacon and half-and-half diet though! lol. Low carb with lots of veggies and 2 servings of fruit a day. With all the diabetes in my family, a low sugar diet sounds like a good plan for me! So instead of counting calories, I will be sticking to the healthy version of the low carb diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just need your email so I can add you to the chart!

      Delete
  5. here is my email: siem7192@vandals.uidaho.edu

    ReplyDelete