Monday, April 15, 2013

What Its Really Like...


When we landed in Uganda in November 2011, we were greeted by a beautiful, cheerful Ugandan woman.  Her name was Lillian, an employee of Compassion Uganda in charge of sponsor tours, and also a former Compassion Child.

She showed us around her beautiful country, smiling, laughing and filling our brains and hearts with details about life, how she wouldn't be where she is now had she not been sponsored through Compassion.  

Recently she posted the following on Facebook.  She's on a trip to New Zealand (for what, I'm not entirely sure) and I thought this was beautifully said, from someone who has seen life before and after child sponsorship through Compassion...

Child Advocacy is great and amazing! I love everything on this Beautiful Survivor tour. It's a blessing to see children being picked for sponsorship and just to remember how my photo was, on the table years back before Rosemary Mahomed picked it and decided to sponsor me. Now am here advocating for others to be released from poverty. Tonight i should say was my best event, when I was speaking in St Matthew Anglican Church- Morrinsville, and I saw Rosemary walking in... Imagine what happened within seconds but i managed any way. She had flown in to NZ from Australia and drove all the way… just because of love. Great surprise it was for the church of course when she was finally introduced and I had to hug her but couldn't stop the tears both in the eyes and nose....!! I just love her...If you know you sponsor a child; i want to tell you that your sponsored child really loves you so much. You may have picked a paper with a photo... but it's a life behind the profile. It's the child in need waiting to be released from poverty! I love u all sponsors and for the Kiwis who are picking children for sponsorship from the table during this Beautiful Survivor tour... you are such a blessing. Thank you for choosing to change a life. God bless you abundantly.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Lillian again when I get to Uganda.  Her smile, laugh and kind loving heart is one I'll never forget!

If you are interested in learning more about child sponsorship, click here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment