Saturday, April 20, 2013

Menu 4/22-4/26



Monday: MYOP, Fresh Veggies 
I buy Trader Joe's pizza dough and let the girls help me roll it out into personal pizzas.  We top it with store bought sauce and their pick of toppings: onions, peppers, pepperoni, canadian bacon, mozzarella, cheddar.  I put olive oil and garlic powder as a "sauce" on mine and top it with thin sliced onions, red peppers, cheddar, pepperoni and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.  Sliced fresh veggies for a side.

Tuesday: Crockpot Beef Stroganoff, Broccoli 
Trying something new...we'll see how it goes over.  They love pasta and the love beef, so it can't be that big of a risk, right?  Paired with broccoli.
 
Wednesday: Chicken/Bean/Cheese Enchiladas, Corn, Spanish Rice 
Ok, I just make these up as I go along.  I spray a casserole dish with Pam or the like, splash a little store bought enchilada sauce in the bottom then assemble the enchiladas:

I'll cook chicken and pull it, then cover it in some encha sauce over low heat and add some shredded cheddar.  Take a tortilla of your choice (I find the small ones work best for my kiddos) and fill with some refried black beans, a little chicken and a little more shredded cheese.  Place seam down in casserole dish.  Once dish is full, pour enchilada sauce to coat, sprinkle with more cheese and bake 350 till hot and bubbly.  I have one girl who doesn't like beans and another who likes very little cheese so I end up making 3 types, it's obnoxious, but I love them and I really want them to eat dinner so I do it anyway.  Lucy LOVES Spanish rice so we'll have that with a side of corn.

Thursday: Pulled Pork Sammies, Peas 
Every single time I ask the girls for dinner suggestions they shout out the same few things-one of which is always Pulled Pork...I'm not sure if it's because they love it or because they know how much I love it!  Either way, it's easy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment