Saturday, April 6, 2013

Menu 4/8-4/12



This was on the menu last week but it got pushed to this week as the girls had a band concert one night so we ate out.  I've never made the dill carrots but since we hardly ever eat carrots at dinner I thought I'd give them a try. 

Tuesday: Crock Pot Lasagna, Bread, Broccoli 
The old stand by.  I'll pull some meaty sauce out of the freezer the night before so I can assemble the lasagna in the morning and get it cookin'.  I take the girls swimming at their health club on Tuesdays and we are all starving by the time we get home.  The lasagna will be ready, the girls will set the table while the bread warms in the oven and I steam the broccoli.

Wednesday: Chicken Soup, Bread 
I have one container of chicken soup base in the freezer still so I'll pull it out the day before, toss it in the crockpot that afternoon with a little more chicken broth and throw some of the bread reserved from Tuesday's meal into the oven to warm when we get home.  I usually don't serve a veggie on the side since the soup is so full of them.

Thursday: Sausages, Mashers, Green Beans 
 The meat market in the neighborhood has Thuringer sausages the girls love, this is a fast and easy dinner for me so it works for Thursday since everyone is tired and cranky...including me.  Paired with some homemade mashers and steamed green beans.  Done and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment