Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Walking On, Walking On...

The girls knew I was having a rough day yesterday and as we sat at dinner they tried their hardest to lighten the mood.  They aren't used to me being quiet.  I think it scared them a little.  Lucy was rambling on about who knows what (I swear I was listening, I just don't remember at the moment) when she started talking about the song that played when her alarm went off this morning.  See, we're trying to teach her some responsibility and make her get up with an alarm instead of waiting for someone to come get her up, which results in a fight and obnoxious attitude.  

Anyway, that got me thinking about simpler times.  When I was in junior high, I would wake up to the same song every single morning.  Not by choice, mind you.  The radio just happened to play this same song each day at the time my alarm went off.  

Thinking back to junior high and how the biggest concern I had was if (boy of the moment, insert name here) noticed me, if my math teacher would realize I had no idea what was going on in class and hadn't for sometime, and if my bestie would let me eat some of her nachos at lunch...

Well...he usually never noticed me, the teacher never caught on and yes, she let me eat her nachos every day, and not just a bite, but the majority of them.  That's how much she loved me.  And also says a lot about my eating habits back then...

Anyway, I digress...the song was Annie Lenox, Walking on Broken Glass, and if you'd also like to take a trip back to simpler times, enjoy the next 4 minutes.  You're welcome.






No comments:

Post a Comment