Saturday, April 13, 2013

Menu 4/15-4/19


Monday: Parm Salmon, Tortellini w/Creamy PestoGreen Beans
The girls loved this salmon when I made it the end of February.  I'll boil some store-bought tortellini and sauce it with this delicious creamy pesto that Amelia enjoys making.  Finish the plate with some green beans. 


Tuesday: Turkey Chili, Cornbread, Peppers 
Turkey Chili from the freezer, cornbread from a Jiffy box and fresh peppers.

I've never made this recipe (though I think I've posted it before) and to be honest, I still might not make it.  I'm going to be looking at Whole30/Paleo stew recipes to see if I can find one that the girls will like and I might be able to eat as well.  


Thursday: Chicken Alfredo with Peas 
I marinate some chicken breasts, cook and either pull or cube.  Then, I make a homemade alfredo sauce from Julia Child's béchamel, I usually make one and a half times the recipe.  To that I add a bunch of fresh grated parm, some garlic and when it's ready I mix it into the pasta (whichever shape the girls pick) and stir in the pulled or cubed chicken and some frozen peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment