Tuesday, April 2, 2013

In Christ Alone

I did not know Owl City put out Worship music.  My Lucy LOVES Owl City.  Maybe she won't mind worship music so much if I start playing her this:



With Easter being this past Sunday, this song has been stuck on repeat in my head.  My favorite part (especially on Easter morning) is the line:

Then bursting forth, in glorious day
Up from the grave He rose again!

Powerful.  I still consider myself a fairly new Christian-just 6 years in, and though I know I've matured a lot in that time, some things still take my breath away, and I think that's ok.  I think it's just fine that my little human brain can't even begin to fathom the love God has for us--enough to sacrifice His Son so we may be in relationship with God the Father.  I don't mind one bit that I usually tear up while signing in church because the words are so powerful, and I know they are only paining a picture of an even more powerful God.  I like that because I have AOC I don't take those songs for granted or get annoyed that it's the millionth time I've heard them-the words continually hit me fresh and stir up desire to know Him more.

Hope your week is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment