Saturday, March 9, 2013

Menu 3/11-3/15



**I'll be using items I made ahead and froze...click here for that post.

Monday: Chicken Alfredo w/peas
I marinate some chicken breasts, cook and either pull or cube.  Then, I make a homemade alfredo sauce from Julia Child's béchamel, I usually make one and a half times the recipe.  To that I add a bunch of fresh grated parm, some garlic and when it's ready I mix it into the pasta (whichever shape the girls pick) and stir in the pulled or cubed chicken and some frozen peas.

Tuesday: MYOP, Fresh Veggies 
I buy Trader Joe's pizza dough and let the girls help me roll it out into personal pizzas.  We top it with store bought sauce and their pick of toppings: onions, peppers, pepperoni, canadian bacon, mozzarella, cheddar.  I put olive oil and garlic powder as a "sauce" on mine and top it with thin sliced onions, red peppers, cheddar, pepperoni and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.  Sliced fresh veggies for a side.

Wednesday: Stew, Bread
My boss made stew a few weeks ago and I put the leftovers in the freezer, I'll pull it out and heat it in the crockpot, serve it up with some fresh bread and call it a night!

Thursday: Turkey Chili, Peppers/Corn, Corn Bread
Pulling one of two containers of Turkey Chili from the freezer, perfect for a quick dinner on a cold night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment