Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pinterest Thursday

Sorry about not posting yesterday, not sure what happened there...

Getting pedicures when Mama Cindy was in Chicago
Anyway, my mom, the beautiful Mama Cindy, started a new eating program almost 2 weeks ago called Whole30.  She told me it was like Paleo but even more strict.  More strict?  How can it be??

I've been anti-Paleo for years now.  Not that I think there is anything wrong with the plan, just not for me.  I've had friends thrive on the Paleo diet but I've chosen to believe I can be healthy while maintaining some sort of "normal" eating.

The past few weeks I've posted about my struggle with food and how it's affecting my spiritual health.  How I was going to eliminate binging from my life and find a healthy way to deal with food.  I was going to rely on God during my times of temptation, limit unhealthy foods that are my triggers (candy, sweets) and focus on healthier options.

I gave myself an inch...wiggle room...permission to eat things I know aren't good for me as long as I ate them in moderation.

Problem...I took a mile.  I, at this point in my life, can't operate in "moderation."  I'm addicted to food.  To eating.  If it was alcohol, nobody would ever say, "yeah, try not to have a drink, but if you have a few sips, its ok...just do it in moderation."  Much like an addict of any other variety, I have a hard time operating in the grey.  I'm  black and white, baby.  All or nothing.  I gave myself permission to have 4 malted eggs (my favorite Easter candy) and for the first few days I did fine.  Then...all hell broke loose! The bag is almost gone, I think I ate at least 20 eggs today...ugh!!!

After thinking about it, spending time in prayer and looking at a calendar I decided to start Whole30 on April 1st.

If I want to see drastic change in my relationship with food (and my body) I need to be willing to make a drastic change.

Giving myself "moderation" and "grey" isn't working.

I need to make it clear that my goal going into this isn't going Paleo longterm.  It's simply to take things back to basics...remember why God gave us food, reset my cravings, focus on health-emotionally, physically and most important, spiritually.

It's going to take planning and lots of preparation to fill my shelves, and subsequently my belly, with "permissible" foods.

Check out some of these pins for more info on Whole30:












To follow me on Pinterest, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment