Friday, March 15, 2013

Buttermilk Baking

Lucy made some buttermilk cornmeal bread a few weeks back and we ended up with a bunch of buttermilk left over.  I've been trying to use it up before it goes bad so I've been baking...

First was Buttermilk apple scones...delicious!  The girls weren't too sure about them, partly because I didn't chop the apples small enough but mostly because traditional scones aren't sweet, and they aren't used to that.  I liked the scones, though they did dry out in just a day or two.



I got the recipe from this book, here it is:



I then made us buttermilk biscuits for dinner with dijon chicken...sorry, no pic, we ate them too quickly!

There was still buttermilk left over so we found Lucy a recipe for buttermilk dinner rolls and I made buttermilk banana blueberry bread.

Seriously, yum.  I had never thought about putting blueberries in my banana bread, but boy, was it delicious!

Yum!  Click here for recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment