Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hello My Name Is

I heard the story about this song on KLOVE one day and thought...wow, what an amazing reminder.

Basically the story goes like this (sorry, I couldn't find a video or anything to explain it so I'll do my best to remember)

Matthew West asks fans to submit letters about their lives and he writes songs about them.  One letter started with "Hello, my name is (insert a male name here) and I'm an addict."  The letter goes on to explain just how far this man has fallen from Christ and then the love, mercy and grace God has given him.  He signs the letter with "Hello, my name is Child Of The One True King."

Powerful stuff.

No matter our condition when we meet Jesus, we walk away as a child of the one true king, forgiven, redeemed, set free.  There are no exceptions.


No comments:

Post a Comment