Saturday, March 16, 2013

Menu 3/18-3/22

Monday: Breakfast
Trying something new...I love breakfast for dinner but not sure the girls are that "out of the box" at this stage of the game.  Growing up we would have breakfast burritos but since Pho can't have eggs unless its a baked item, that's out of the question.  I'll most likely do homemade waffles or pancakes with sausage or bacon and fresh fruit.  

Tuesday: Chicken/Bean/Cheese Enchiladas, Corn/Peppers 
Ok, I just make these up as I go along.  I spray a casserole dish with Pam or the like, splash a little store bought enchilada sauce in the bottom then assemble the enchiladas:

I'll cook chicken and pull it, then cover it in some encha sauce over low heat.  Take a tortilla of your choice (I find the small ones work best for my kiddos) and fill with some refried black beans, a little chicken and some shredded cheese.  Place seam down in casserole dish.  Once dish is full, pour enchilada sauce to coat, sprinkle with more cheese and bake 350 till hot and bubbly.  I have one girl who doesn't like beans and another who likes very little cheese so I end up making 3 types, it's obnoxious, but I love them and I really want them to eat dinner so I do it anyway.

Wednesday: Lasagna (CP), Broccoli, Crusty Bread
I'll be pulling sauce from the freezer, then assembling it in the morning.

 I'll make this recipe for "mini meatloaves" into burgers and shove them in a pita with tomato, lettuce and some of what Lucy calls "Zimbabwe Sauce" also known as Tzatziki...I make the burgers on my Foreman Grill because I'm not about to touch my bosses charcoal grill...it's a little too fancy/expensive for me to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment