Friday, January 25, 2013

Etc...Etc...Etc...

Man, it's been a busy week.  I've been gearing up for the cocktail party I'm hosting tomorrow night...lots of trips to Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Crate and Barrel Outlet, Michaels, Marshalls, Dollar Tree, shopping for/buying/returning dresses to Nordstrom Rack...hours of looking up recipes, writing lists, shopping, hand washing and drying glassware...and on and on.

The girls are off today...apparently they only needed 3 days of education this week-first with MLK day Monday and now this teacher inservice.  At least it's giving me a head start on party prep...anything that can be made ahead of time will be.  I'm also dragging them along to Target for one last trip.  I still need to hit the liquor store, but I don't really think I should take them with me...just seems wrong!

Anyway...this week was spent diving out of my comfort zone...Tuesday I attended a game night where I only knew 2 other girls, and I hardly know those girls at all...have I mentioned that strangers are about the scariest thing on earth to me?  Turned out to be really fun, and another game night is planned for late February, and...I'm actually looking forward to it!

Wednesday night I babysat as usual...finished up my Bible study for Thursday morning, called my mom-it was her birthday (!!!) and watched a few episodes on Hulu.  Thursday is always busy...Bible study (I took snacks because the person on the schedule is no longer in the group) knocked out a bunch of grocery shopping and went to the "Singles Worship" night at church where I met up with the group of people that are involved with another new thing I'm helping with at church (which starts next Thursday night) and again--it didn't kill me to meet and interact with strangers...though I thought it might and mentioned it to Lucy earlier in the evening, to which she replied:

Don't worry Linsey, you are beautiful, smart, funny, can hold a conversation, and everyone loves you.  So, you aren't a good singer-just sing quietly...
Ahhhh...such wise words from such a sassy girl!  Thanks Lucy!

So, that brings us back to today...FINALLY FRIDAY!!!  Looking forward to some girls coming over tonight to decorate and set up as much as we can for the party...ordering burgers and planning on solving all the world's problems...or at least all the problems that can be solved by laughing, eating ice cream and spending time with good friends...so, yeah, pretty much everything should be ok in the world by the time you wake up tomorrow!

Pics of the cocktail party next week.

And if you're in the greater Chicago area and somehow missed the invite...all are welcome:

Saturday January 26th at 7:30pm
Dress to impress
Bring a bottle or app to share

Not comfortable posting my address...message me if you need it!

Happy weekend peeps!

Lins




No comments:

Post a Comment