Saturday, February 16, 2013

Menu 2/18-2/22

**I'll be using items I made ahead and froze...click here for that post.


Monday: Thuringer Sausages w/Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Smoked thuringer sausages from the local meat market and two easy sides.  Perfect for a monday.

Tuesday: Chicken Tacos, Lucy-made Guac, Corn/Peas 
I'll use the Frontera Skillet Sauce over shredded or cubed chicken.  We make our tacos with small tortillas, refried black beans, chicken, cheese, avocado and tomato.  I'll heat up a mixture of frozen corn and peas to partner with Lucy's homemade guac and chips.

Wednesday: Chicken Soup, Cheddar Biscuits
I still have one huge container of Chicken Soup Base in the freezer from my "make ahead" day, I'll pull that, toss it in the crockpot, add a little more broth and let it heat.  Before serving I'll add some pasta (I've been using the "Cut Spaghetti" and the girls love it) and a cubed zucchini.  I'll make some cheddar biscuits and call it a night!

Thursday: Dinner Out
We don't make it home after school on Thrusdays anymore because we don't have time after dance ends and swimming begins.  We'll be eating at Whole Foods, Epic Burger or Panera this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment