Wednesday, February 13, 2013

V-Day

So, Valentines Day is tomorrow.  As a single person, people sometimes act like I should go around with sackcloth and ashes all day.  Well, I've got news...Valentines Day doesn't bother me.  In fact, I enjoy it. I love celebrating love, friendship and family.  Who cares if I don't have a "significant other" my life is filled with so many significant people...my little girls, my girlfriends, family...this day doesn't make me feel any more or less lonely than any other day of the year...I know that when the time is right (being His timing, not mine) I'll have a "Mr. Right" to celebrate with.

Plus, I've never really bought into the whole Valentines Day thing...if you love me, you should show it all the time...it shouldn't be reserved for one day in the middle of February.  Though I do wonder if this holiday was created by someone living in Chicago-I mean, it might be the shortest month of the year but February is always, and I mean always the longest, harshest month of the year here.  Maybe a lovey-dovey holiday mid-month was meant to break up the monotony of soggy feet, rogue salt crystals, and crappy parking.

Anyway, I have some special things planned for the girls tomorrow...but I can't spill the details--never know when Lucy might decide to read my blog!

How are you celebrating?



Sure, this looks like love, until you see the pic below...


Now, this is love (and ridiculously adorable!)

No comments:

Post a Comment