Saturday, February 9, 2013

Menu 2/11-2/15


**I'll be using items I made ahead and froze...click here for that post.

February 11th-15th


Monday: Chicken Alfredo w/Peas
I marinate some chicken breasts, cook and either pull or cube.  Then, I make a homemade alfredo sauce from Julia Child's béchamel, I usually make one and a half times the recipe.  To that I add a bunch of fresh grated parm, some garlic and when it's ready I mix it into the pasta (whichever shape the girls pick) and stir in the pulled or cubed chicken and some frozen peas.

Tuesday: Pork Chops* and Broccoli
Pulling a bag of sauced pork chops from the freezer to toss in the crockpot.  

Wednesday: Spaghetti* w/bread and Fresh Veggies
The girls had a day off school a few weeks ago and I restocked the freezer with spag/lasagna sauce, turkey chili and some breakfast burritos...I'll pull one of the containers of sauce the night before to thaw then just toss it with pasta.  

Thursday: Dinner Out
Phoebe's class play is this night so we'll eat out (we would anyway since we never make it home on Thursday nights before swimming).

***You might have noticed that I stopped adding the shopping list...I felt like it was just a little too much work, considering each of you has a different stock of food in your pantry, I figure with the recipes you can make your own list...I was dreading the menu posts because it became very tedious to sort out the grocery list...sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment