Monday, December 3, 2012

Thankful November

Click here for the previous installment.

November 27: So thankful that I have a flexible schedule that allows for afternoon naps when I'm under the weather.

November 28: The family I sit for on Wednesday nights is amazing (but that has already been on the list) however, the baby doesn't like me.  I don't take it personal...she doesn't like anyone but mom and dad, and she doesn't even like them at bedtime.  She screams for 1-3 hours and it's terrible.  This night though, she went to bed for me without a fuss.  I felt like I was champion of the world.  Blessed that for one night at least, baby L enjoyed my company.

November 29: Oops, I forgot my wallet on the busiest day of the week.  The girls and I spend so much time in my tiny car on Thursdays and our escape is the 40 minutes we spend eating dinner at Whole Foods.  But, alas, we pulled up and I realized I didn't have my wallet.  I was not happy, but those girls, bless their hearts, did everything they could to be understanding about another 45 min in the car crossing town to get my wallet then stopping for a sammie at Pot Belly's before swim practice.  I was ready to lose it, but the girls had such great attitudes, we all ended up cracking each other up with accents and silly games.

November 30: Attended a women's event through church and was just blown away by the quality and depth of the women in attendance.  Realized I need to get over some of my "hang-ups" about attending the "Pretty People Church" and get to know people, because turns out, they aren't all just shallow "Sunday Christians" after all.

Doing this really showed me that I haven't been choosing joy in my daily life.  That's something I'm going to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment