Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday Baking: The Gifts

It took me a while to figure out how I was going to package the goodies I made.  I decided on clear bags from Michael's, some cute polkadot ribbon and scrapbook paper tags.  I cut two different kinds of paper into 2" squares (I chose red and natural stripes as well as music notes) then attached them using the adorable ribbon with tiny dots.  Each tag indicating the name of the delicious treat inside.




For the banana bread, I bought a four pack of decorative cake circles with large bags--the ribbon came with it too.  Its just easier this way than trying to wrap it in plastic and ending up with a weird wad of plastic wrap because its impossible to wrap it nicely using a roll of saran wrap.


Here is the final product for the family I work for.  Every family got most of the same things, but since Phoebe has an egg and nut allergy, I had to leave a few things out.  I gave large gifts to 3 families, small ones to 6 other families, plus my mechanic, chiropractor's office and the lady who teaches the gym class I love.   The girls and I made an extra batch of s'mores bark and wrapped a few pieces for 14 different teachers, as well as attached a candy cane to each...wish I could show you a pic but my phone died and I can't access my photos.  Needless to say...I'm exhausted and very happy to be done with holiday baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment