Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The 12 Days of Christmas

Growing up, much like everyone else my age and older, we had a record player at home.  Papa loved music.  We had lots of records.  None of which meant anything to me, other than the Muppets Christmas record.  We listened to it endlessly...at least that's the way I remember it...

The Muppets were a staple in my house.  We watched the Muppet Show...I mean, who didn't?  The old guys in the balcony, Super Gonzo, Ms. Piggy forever chasing Kermie...

Their version of the 12 Days of Christmas is by far my favorite childhood Christmas memory.  It's bitter sweet though...at an already tough time of year it reminds me once again that Papa isn't here.  But, at the same time, this time of year gives me so much hope...For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given...

Enjoy the Muppets...and listen through...ya gotta hear Ms. Piggy's "ba-dum-bum-bum" it's my favorite part!


No comments:

Post a Comment