Friday, December 7, 2012

Choosing Joy

Remember all those posts about hating the waiting process and how grumpy I have been lately?

Well, I'm feeling the attitude change I've been needing.

Recently, God has answered prayers in several of my friends lives.  Some of them I mentioned in this post...and here we are just a few weeks later and God has moved.  He's stopped the waiting, answered prayers, given gifts, shown His love, and given the desires of hearts.

Sure, I could sit here and be all fussy that their prayers were answered and mine hasn't been.  But instead, I'm sitting here, tears of JOY running down my face, because my friends are happy and my God is GOOD.  Faithful.  Gracious.  Loving.

I know that God doesn't just work in other people's lives, but He works in mine too.  And if He is answering their prayers, I know mine will someday be answered too.

This time of waiting is temporary.  I know that the friends and family who are still waiting will see God working in their lives, feel His presence and witness first-hand His ability to provide us with the desires of our heart.

I've determined that I can choose to be mad that I don't have what I want, or I can choose joy, as God provides all I need.

A husband isn't God's way of saying, "Good job Linsey!  Because you are so amazing, your prize is a husband!"  A husband is God's way of saying, "Linsey, you will better serve me with this person by your side.  I need to place this person in your life to continue to refine you."

When I think about it that way...maybe I'm ok waiting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment