Sunday, September 30, 2012

Menu 10/1-10/5


October 1st-5th (5 meals this week)

I made this exact meal once before and the whole family LOVED it!  I recommend doubling the filling, the girls didn't think there was enough last time I made it.

Tuesday: Spaghetti, Broccoli, Bread
Last time I made spaghetti, I browned 3 pounds of meat and put half in the freezer (with some sauce) so I'll just be pulling that out and throwing it in the crockpot to thaw.  All I'll have to do is boil some noodles, steam some broccoli and slice some french bread.  Easy peasy!

Wednesday: Chicken Tacos, Peppers and Corn
I marinate chicken breasts in garlic, onion powder, a little olive oil and some chili powder.  Cook, and cube.  I'll also use the Frontera Skillet Sauce for chicken if I thought to pick some up.  We make our tacos with small tortillas, refried black beans, chicken, cheese, avocado and tomato.  Fresh peppers and steamed frozen corn on the side.  Last time I made tacos, I made a TON of chicken so I have a bunch in the freezer ready to go.  I'll thaw it overnight, pop it into a pan and add a little more seasoning to moisten as it heats.
I've never made this...we'll see how it goes! This recipe makes 2 meals.

Friday: Mac and Cheese, Hotdogs and Peas
I've never made this recipe for mac and cheese but I thought I'd try it out.

Grocery List:

Chicken Breasts
Basil
Cream Cheese
Bakers
Green Beans
French Bread
Spaghetti Sauce
Tortillas
Avocado
Tomato
Refried Black Beans
Frontera Skillet Sauce (Chicken)
2 Ham Steaks
New Potatoes
Broccoli
Cheddar Cheese
Milk
Fun Shaped Pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment