Friday, September 21, 2012

My Past Life

Lucy asked me the other night what I was in my past life.  Looking at this as a moment to speak some Jesus into her life, I answered her with a very serious, "I didn't have a past life." To which she shook her head, looked at me with that sideways glance that says trouble is brewing, and whispered, "I understand, but sometimes its fun to pretend, isn't it."  As she then glanced at her little sisters and added, "for them."

OH!!!  We're in pretend mode/imagination land...sometimes it's hard for me to tell!

So, after thinking a moment I said, "Well, I was most definitely a mermaid in my past life."  Which received rave reviews from Pho and Mia.  Lucy was less than impressed.  So I added, "And I could sing too."  Which got me thinking..."I was Little Mermaid in my past life!!!"


The crowd roared with approval!!

Lucy got a serious look on her face, eyes focused, nose wrinkled ever so slightly, brow furrowed...her thinking face.  Little did I know, but she was about to take all the wind out of my sails...

"It's like you're the exact opposite from your past life.  You aren't a mermaid, you can't sing, you breathe air, you have legs, you can't get a husband, your dad is dead instead of your mom and instead of being babysat, you're a babysitter...wow!!  Everything is the exact opposite!!"  Thanks Lucy.

Everything I don't have  in this life...

The little girls and I decided that we were all mermaids; the singing sisters portrayed in the movie.  Lucy again did not like that idea..."I was not a mermaid!" she said.  Now, it was my turn to rain on her parade.  "Lucy, you were the seagull, Scuttle." Again, huge applause from the peanut(free) gallery, Pho and Mia, but huge displeasure from Lucy.


We also decided that Clover, the family german shepherd, was Prince Eric's dog and that's why she likes me so much in this life--I married her owner in our past lives.  The girls' dad (my boss) was determined to be the old butler guy...jury is still out on their mom (my boss) as we can't make her Ursula...we'd all be grounded/fired for that one...



Kids...I tell ya, they sure do make dinner entertaining!  And I thought it was going to be a boring night of homemade chicken alfredo...boy was I wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment